Best stylish travel clothes for Europe this summer
Are you prepared to spend two weeks in Europe, but you still haven’t figured out what to bring & what to wear?
We are generally concerned with our appearance and how others view us. But even if you don’t care too much about how you look, it’s best to dress like a local when you travel.
By the time you’ve finished reading this, I’m hoping you’ll have a good sense of how to dress stylishly in Europe
However, there are a few things you should know about European dress style before I tell you what to pack for Europe.
Dressing stylishly would be the best way to feel at home in Europe.
Don’t go all out like you’re going to the Academy Awards, but also don’t look like you rolled out of bed.
Wearing something that makes you stand out as a tourist increases your risk of being a victim of pickpocketing and other forms of fraud while in Europe.
When trying to blend in more like a local in Europe, it’s just as important to know what not to wear as it is to know what to wear.
The way you dress can influence the level of service you receive in Europe and prevent you from being targeted by pickpockets because you stand out as a “out-of-towner.”
Ball caps, sports team shirts, white tennis shoes and socks, worn Levi’s, polo shirts, American logos, and backpacks stuffed with paperwork and jewelry are all styles you may want to ditch while travelling to Europe.
My Fave Travel Booking Websites & Apps
PEP Lifestyle Travel Resources
TO FIND AWESOME PLACES TO STAY:
- Booking.com – My fave for hotel bookings & My #1 recommendation for family-friendly lodging options.
- Momondo Hotels : Get your Hotel deals
RENT A CAR OR AN RV:
- Momondo Car Rentals & Sixt – My favorite sites for rental cars worldwide.
- Rental cars– Connecting you to the biggest brands in car rental
- RVShare – Rent an RV for your next family road trip!
TOURS AND ACTIVITIES:
FOR TRAVEL INSURANCE:
- Essential Travel -Insurance,– The lowest-cost travel insurance out there. Along with Travel Insurance, you can also book Airport parking, Car Hire and Much more…
HOW TO FIND GREAT FLIGHT DEALS:
- Momondo – My #1 recommendation for saving big $$$ on flights. Sign up for a free 14-day trial.
- Kayak: Find the Right Flight for you
Are Europeans more stylish than Americans( Australians) in general? If so, why?
Most people in the US( Also In Australia) think about comfort first, which reflects in the way they dress, but also the way they built streets, houses, prepare food, etc. Practicality and comfort always come first, price second and aesthetics last.
And unfortunately, most practical clothes are not considered beautiful. I’ve noticed that The North Face is the most popular fashion brand.
Why? Because it’s very practical in cold and rainy weather. Not cheap, but practical. Stylish and fashionable? Not really…
Most American women walk to work in sneakers – because it’s comfortable – and switch to heels at work, while European women would wear heels all day because they also want to be fashionable for people seeing them on the street.
I think a large part of it has to do with Americans being more casual in general where comfort trumps appearance in most cases.
I’m sure a lot of this has to do with the huge sports culture Americans grow up in…which tends to focus more on comfort. Street wear has been big for decades now, which tends to pull heavily from athletic wear to begin with.
Additionally, the major clothing brands in the US really doesn’t focus on formal/refined/high fashion. They focus much more on comfortable, casual clothes.
Below are some of the most Stylish and comfortable Clothes for vacation in EUROPE
Stylish Clothes for Europe Trip
First-time visitors to Europe may be taken aback by a number of things, one of which is the fashion prevalent across the continent. It’s hard to find a poorly dressed European in Europe.
As a whole, North Americans prioritise convenience over fashion, whereas Europeans place much greater importance on their appearance.
While there isn’t a hard-and-fast rule about what to wear, Europeans often prioritize style over practicality.
Despite the city’s reputation for casual dress, few Parisians would be seen dead in an ill-fitting or ugly outfit.
When compared to other regions of the world, clothing in Europe is notoriously more expensive.
Not only that, but the quality is superb. Despite European women’s comparatively limited wardrobes, the clothes they do own are of high quality and have a flattering cut.
Dressing Stylishly Like an European
The focus of this post is on the styles popular in major European cities like Paris, London, Venice, Rome, Amsterdam, etc., and I feel the need to make that point plain right away.
Smaller communities and vacation areas, as well as rural areas, will allow you to fit in more easily with the inhabitants.
Depending on where in Europe you’re headed, your packing list may change. What you bring on a short trip to Zermatt will be different than what you bring on a three-day trip to Paris.
You may avoid standing out as a tourist by following the advice in this guide, which will tell you what to wear and what to leave at home.
Why Bring Stylish Travel Clothes for Europe
You should be aware that people in Europe will form strong impressions of you based on how you look and will treat you appropriately.
Hotel staff and wait staff will be the people with whom you have the most direct personal interaction as a tourist.
You need to dress the part if you want a decent table and good service. It’s not impossible to strike a balance between practicality and aesthetics.
I believe, European fashion style is typically more sophisticated and well thought out.
People like to dress nicely and often wear custom-tailored or well-fitted clothing no matter where they’re going.
They also follow certain dress codes, social expectations, and etiquette in public places to avoid standing out too much from the crowd.
London, Paris and Milan are certainly where people dress the best, but Rome, Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Munich and many, many other cities aren’t far behind.
What are the Must have Stylish travel Clothes for Europe in 2023
Some other packing tips and ideas for travel clothing with multiple uses include:
- Dresses Or Skirts: I Love dresses more than Skirts. So I always go in a dress. Its your choice. Pack at least one cute, lightweight dress, especially when travelling to beach towns in southern Europe. They’re easy to pack, and the right flowy & Stylish dress helps you look more like a local.
- Stylish tops: These take up little room in your suitcase and are simple to use underneath your clothes. Tank tops are classic, figure-flattering pieces that go well with cardigans and sweaters as well as on their own (with a coverup when visiting more traditional parts of Europe).
- High-waisted jeans: Any type of top looks amazing with a pair of jeans. The wide-legged, high-waisted appearance is common on city streets and runways. You will blend in because many women’s wardrobes in Europe are dominated by jeans.
- EVENING SHOES Always have a pair of elegant & Stylish evening shoes in your bag for special events. The classic choice is high heels, however, to prevent the shoes from breaking in your bag or on the cobblestone streets, a nice pair of black, dressy flats work and pack well too.
- Running shoes or sturdy ankle boots should be included. These will be useful for exploring the numerous historic districts of European cities because, unless you’re accustomed to these uneven paths, walking in high heels on cobblestone streets can be deadly.
- SANDALS A pair of adorable & Stylish sandals might make a terrific choice for casual footwear. They are ideal for wearing at the beach in Southern Europe when you visit a public bath or sauna, and when you need to quickly run to the front desk of your hotel for extra shampoo.
- Get a Stylish Purse: A tourist can be identified by their large, hefty backpack. Consider a more understated purse or crossbody bag if you just need to bring a little amount of things on day travels. If you don’t want to bring one from home, you can purchase an extremely attractive purse while you’re in Europe from companies like Prada and Gucci.
WHAT TO AVOID Wearing in Europe
Certain attire should be avoided when travelling in Europe:
Avoid wearing Shorts: It’s uncommon to see Europeans wearing shorts in the city or when seeing a museum. Although it’s not against the law, they tend to wear shorts to the beach. If you’re visiting Europe in the summer, opt for dresses or capris instead.
Avoid baseball caps: Most European ladies don’t typically don baseballcaps; instead, they don more stylish hats. Wearing a baseball cap signals to others that you are from North America, which attracts more shady characters and “touristy” treatment.
Avoid Flamboyant jewellery that may draw unwanted attention (and thieves). It’s usually safer to wear subtle jewellery or none at all.
Avoid Too Much makeup: European ladies seem to prefer the au natural look over excessive cosmetics
The Best & Stylish Travel Clothes for Europe in 2023
Dresses & Skirts
Europeans are known to dress up more for meals and important occasions than their American counterparts.
That being said, if you’re invited out to dinner, don’t show up in your PJs, sweats, or a T-shirt. They are NOT on-trend in the European continent.
Another piece of advice: leave the gym gear at home. A lot of people will look at you funny unless you’re genuinely exercising.
Consider picking up some items from the following retailers for fashionable European wear while putting together your packing list for what to wear in Europe:
STYLE IDEAS FOR These Dresses
Dress pants, short-sleeve and long-sleeve/Halter neck tops
There is no better piece of clothing to have in your summer wardrobe than a cool jumpsuit or dress pants.
It’s a complete outfit for when you don’t feel like putting any thought into your appearance. You can just toss one on and go.
You can find dress pants to wear in the sun in every color or pattern you can imagine. carefree.
If you want to stay warm in the evenings during the summer, wear a shawl, cardigan, or denim jacket over your dress. Wearing a belted blazer is another option for achieving a more put-together look.
You need a pair of strappy shoes to finish off the look. Go for ankle-strap high heels, a shoe closet essential this season.
They are wonderful for summer since they allow you to display your new pedicure.
STYLE IDEAS FOR These Dressy pants/Jumpsuit
Comfortable shoes for daily walks
The versatility of denim shorts makes them a summer staple. They’re as versatile as your favourite pair of jeans and go with practically everything.
These shorts paired with a button-down shirt will give you a stylish, contemporary style. Put on a shirt that is one size larger than you normally would so that you can tie a knot at the bottom.
Complete the getup with a pair of sneakers, and we suggest Nike’s new Air 1 for the summer. The outfit’s adaptability is its greatest strength.
Swap out your sneakers for some heeled sandals or boots if you’re looking to amp up your style.
A pair of Heels for dinner Night
Jeans, Top & pair of Boots
During the warmer months, a lot of bars tend to get busy.
To join in with the party atmosphere when going out with friends, you should dress in an attire that is both enjoyable and noticeable.
The mini skirt is a great summertime garment for this purpose. If worn with an off-the-shoulder top, it strikes the perfect balance between sultry and laid-back.
STYLE IDEAS FOR These Denim pants
Scarfs and accessories
Have you made any plans to spend some time relaxing on the beach this summer? In that case, you should pair your swimmers with a kimono.
In addition to looking great, it protects you from the sun while you relax by the water. The kimono’s wrap style also makes it convenient to throw on over a bathing suit for added modesty.
Stylish & Nice Bags
Stylish Summer Europe Travel Outfit Ideas
Selecting items that are both stylish and functional is the key to a winning summer wardrobe.
Keep in mind that you can never go wrong with a wardrobe heavy on short cuts, flowy fabrics, and bold colours.
If you wear any of the aforementioned ensembles, you’ll look like a summer goddess no matter where you go.
Now that you have your summer wardrobe sorted, go over to Wander for recommendations on where to go and what to do this season.
YOU ARE NEARLY SET FOR YOUR TRIP!
We sincerely hope that this packing list will be useful to you when visiting Europe. You can dress up to display your individual sense of style in this region, which is home to major European fashion hubs like London, Paris, and Rome.
As long as you bring the appropriate equipment, you’re going to have a blast.
Articles Related to Summer Travel Outfit Ideas
- Pack These Travel Must-Haves
- Comfy airport outfits summer
- How to Prepare for Summer Fashion
- 5 Summer Picnic Staples
- Best European summer destinations
- Best Travel dresses for summer in 2023
Hi, I’m Div 👋
My team of travel experts and I help 1,000s of honeymooners plan their trip every year. If you need any assistance planning your honeymoon, connect with us here. As Sandals Specialists & Booking.com Specialists, we would love to help you plan your perfect honeymoon!